Personal Information//*

Mi foto
My Name is Daniela I am 17 years old, my Zodiacal Sign is Cancer the day that born is the 16/07/1992 in Chile in the region of Santiago/ Puente Alto. My Hobbies are listen to music, sing, Draw, dance and write. I Study in the School Padre José Kentenich in Puente Alto. My Boyfriend is called Daniel and I Love him a lot. I live with my parents and I love them too much. I like to be accompanied for my friends, my boyfriend and my cousin.

septiembre 22, 2009

English

Simple Past

In the simple past, there are two ways to distinguish in regulars and irregulars verbs.


The regulars verbs:

Syntax (POSITIVE FORM):
I, you, he, she, it, we, you, they
+ VERB (PAST FORM) + Complement

-The verbs regulars, make up the past adding


Rules:

-Verbs ending in e, add d.
- Consonant + y change y => i + ed.
- Wowel + consonant, double the consonant and add ed.
- y and w, at the end of a word are not consonant sounds. So verbs ending in y or w don't double consonant.

Examples:
- Linten => Linstened
- Like => Liked
- Study=> Studied
- Play => Played

Examples:
NO MATTER WHICH IS THE SUBJECT: ALWAYS wear the same CONJUGATION

1) Maria played soccer last week.
2) Pedro and Juan watched TV yesterday
3) We studied for the test but we all failed.
4) They talked on the phone for two hours last night.


NEGATIVE FORM:

In the negative form we need to use the auxiliary did + not (didn’t). remember that when we use the auxiliary we put the verb in the INFINITIVE form. The auxiliary didn’t is used in the negative form with verbs that are not to be. DO NOT USE DIDN’T WITH WAS OR WERE!!!

SubjectAuxiliary (did) + notInfinitive
I

You

She

He

It

We

They






Did not (didn’t)

Study

Work

Play

Go

Eat

Arrive

Live


Positive form

Negative form

She studied all nightShe didn’t study all night

Simple Past (QUESTION FORM)

In the question form we need to use the auxiliary “Did” and we have to write the verb in the INFINITIVE form

We can also place the question word before this structure:

QW + DID + Subject+ Verb (Infinitive)

Examples:

- What did you do yesterday?
- Where
did Maria go last week?
- What time
did Pedro leave the party?
- When
did Sarah get married?
- How many bottles of beer
did they drink?


* As seen in this comparison, the only thing that changes is the auxiliary.

Present Simple

Past Simple

(-) I don’t studyI didn’t study
(-) She doesn’t workShe didn’t work
(?) Does she study?Did she study?
(?) Do you like movies?Did you like the movie?


No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario

MixPod// Decode::Paramore